3rd Annual Columbus Day Celebration: Italian & Spanish Wine, Food, Art & Games
Date: October 6, 2012
Columbus Enjoys Simpatico's Special Event!
Simpatico, Italy’s Finest celebrates Columbus Day with the 3rd Annual “Columbus Day Celebration of Italian & Spanish Wine, Food, Art & Games” in honor of explorer Christopher Columbus, on Saturday, October 6th, 2012 from Noon to 6 PM. Christopher Columbus will be in attendance and will share tales of his exploration adventures, as part of the festivities planned for adults and children of all ages! The event will be held rain or shine in the tented parking lot adjacent to Simpatico.
On Saturday October 6th, starting at 12 Noon, this not-to-be-missed event will feature the following activities to the public at a cost of $20 per person, kids free:
- Italian and Spanish Wine Tastings of over 40 wines, Limoncello, Prosecco, & Bellinis, the famous 3 B’s of Italy: Barolo, Barbaresco, Brunello! Great opportunity to purchase great wines at special event prices!
- Italian Food tastings including , Cipriani Pasta, Jams, Pates, Cheeses, Ligurian Olive Oil (in honor of Columbus), Flavored Balsamics, Bruschetta, Chicken Pesto, Wild Boar Sauce, Desserts and more!
- Wonderful Artisan Goat Cheese Tastings from OberGood, from historic Sharpsburg, MD, with wine pairing tips, with great ideas for Holiday parties!
- Chef Demos from local chefs in St. Michaels and Easton, will perform cooking demonstrations in the tent and provide samplings, including fabulous risotto, fresh mozzarella, and more; (Saturday 2 & 4 PM).
- Art competition open to artists to submit an item relating to Italy. Prize to be awarded for Best in Show, art to be available for sale through Simpatico. Artists of all ages in any media sign up by September 30th.
- Meet Columbus and hear about his adventures in exploration, if anyone would like to come in costume, a prize will be given to the closest look-alike!
- Play Bocce Ball on a course set up adjacent to the tent for children of all ages!
- Trunk show of new artisan items Made in Tuscany, including new ceramic bakeware!
- Special pricing promotions for the wide range of wines will be offered, discounts on wine-related ceramic items and other items in the shop, and by other merchants in town by showing your wristband.
Simpatico is excited to continue this event for the community; Bobbi Parlett, owner of Simpatico along with her husband Ed, comments “Everyone had such a good time at last year’s event, it was a fun event combining so many things we love – wine, food. art, history, games for all ages.“ Bobbi adds “Italian craftsmanship instills a “heart and soul” in their products, in everything Made in Italy, from wine to food to ceramics, particularly those intended for hospitality with friends and family. Come out and enjoy!”.
Simpatico is a locally-owned, independent retailer specializing in exclusively Italian ceramic home furnishings, accessories, gifts, foods and wines. Simpatico store hours are Monday through Thursday 10 AM to 5 PM, Saturday from 9 AM to 8 PM and Sundays 10 AM to 5 PM. For more event details, call 410-745-0345.